Saturday, November 2, 2013

Unit Plan Canvas

    The unit that I did a canvas on is about digital literacy and its importance. It also has students use their literacy skills to evaluate digital texts.  In order to create my canvas, I conducted many different Google Image searches in order to come up with images that I thought students would find helpful. For one of the image galleries, I wanted to provide several easy-to-read visuals to help students understand digital literacy better. I felt that this would be helpful because they could use those pictures as an easy reference. I used the other image gallery as a way to provide students opportunity to practice their critical evaluative skills and to turn the canvas into an experience that promotes students’ thinking.  

    I provided two videos with different purposes. One of the videos shows a presentation about digital literacy and its significance. I felt that the video would be helpful to auditory learners. The other video is a segment from The Young Turks where two hosts discuss the racist implications of a KFC advertisement in Australia. I found this to be important because it models the ideal dialogue style that students should have during this unit. I came up with the question and the brief explanation last because I wanted to have the canvas done so that my summary is effective and I provide a relevant question. The standards came from my last spreadsheet. I felt the resources provided should supplement the canvas and allow students to self-assess their abilities.

   
URL to Canvas: http://www.play.annenberginnovationlab.org/play2.0/challenge.php?idChallenge=2378&mode=view

No comments:

Post a Comment